tisdag 9 juni 2009

Perfect symmetry II


A couple of days ago I discussed perfect symmetry and beauty on this blog. Today I present to you, me and myself as a twin couple. Each one is a duplicate of one side of my face. The result is a little bit fascinating. To actually see points which I know as my own face, and yet it is not me.


One of my images has a broad chin, the other one is thinner. One has a broad forehead, the other one has not. One looks a bit thoughtful, the other one more eager. Who am I? The question gets new dimensions as it seems that I can be different kinds of me.


One surgical question is how painful it would be to transform myself into one of these halves. Would it be worth the price?
Ira Levin once wrote a novel called One fine day, which has a conversation where a doctor in the remote future asks the head character if he should change the colour of one his eyes, as he has different colours on them. The guy says no, simply because he thinks that his different eye colours defines who he is... The doctor shakes his head and cannot really understand a guy who does not want to be "perfect", as it is going to be really easily fixed...
Arguments and discourses like these says a lot about the times in which we are living and how little we actually think about what really matters in life. And how dissapointed some people are with their looks and how much they are willing to pay to improve what nature provided them with...

4 kommentarer:

Bloggerskan sa...

Since your wife loves all your sides she shouldn't recommend any transformation!

DLM sa...

But surely this indicates that there seems to be two rather different sides of me?

Bloggerskan sa...

Hmmm, I would say there is plenty more than two sides of you!

DLM sa...

Yes, I got the idea of combining the different heads and chins with each other and thereby produce 4 sides of me...