torsdag 5 februari 2009

Back in Vällingby

For the first time since New Years Eve I am back in Vallingby. Of course my wife had a little trip to Thailand, and there was no particular reason for me to visit our appartment then. On the bus I got news about Mongolia's Prime Minister Sanj Bayar's riding injury. It seems like Bayar has been flown out of Mongoli to the capital of South Korea, Seuöl, for medical care. I guess this says something about Mongolians confidence in the Health care system. Yesterday I came to think about writing a book; "Famous Men Falling off Horses".
The story could begin with Bayar's accident and then take it back to the claim that Djingis Khan died falling off a horse (even though this disputed, surely Mongolia's icon number one could not die in that manner). Another famous man that fell off a horse was the Chiricahua Apache war leader Geronimo, who according to US news papers fell off his horse in 1909 when he was returning home after a wet night in saloon with his mates. They found him the day after lying in a ditch dead. The news papers wrote the terror of the South West died there a shadow of his former stature. Well now, Geronimo was about 80 years old at the time, and I would actually be proud if I died falling off a horse in that age. Rather that than dying in bed, not knowing where I was in some asylum.
Trivia in this matter is that Geronimo was buried outside Fort Sill, Oklahoma, and some years later his grave was plundred by three men. They stole his skull among other items. One of the three perpetrators was Prescott Bush, grandfather to George W. Bush. Talk about bad breeding...

Inga kommentarer: