lördag 12 december 2009

Eagle Hunting in Mongolia


Yesterday I found this photo in a newspaper. As it was found in a crossword, there was no indication where and when the photo was taken. The person on the far right seems to be Mongolia's former Prime Minister Sanjagiin Bayar and the person standing right behind him also seem familiar, even though I can't remember his name. Behind the eagle there seems to stand the bird trainer - a Khazakh? The man on the far left is unknown to me.


The eagle might be one I also met i Kharchoriin two years ago as I had the pleasure to hold it with my arm. The eagle stared into my eye and seemed to think: "- And who the hell are you?"


The claw of the eagle was as big as one fully grown man's hand. Furthermore, where is this photo taken? Is it outside Kharchoriin or is it in the Altai Mountain Range? I would be pleased to learn more about it if somone of my readers know anything about, please share your information with me in the comment department.


Source: Svenska Dagbladet 11 December 2009, page 55.

Inga kommentarer: